Outdoor activities and excursions have been a part of everyone’s lives for a very long period. However, a lot of things have changed lately. From teaching kids about digital forums to keeping them indoors are the talk of the modern age. Well, truth be told, most of it was promoted because of the pandemic. And, it does not end here. Parents are not sending their kids out in fear of extracting the virus from other people, be it parks, schools, or other outdoor areas. But, did you know the advantages such a platform can bring for your kids? Have you got any idea about how those little ones might benefit from outdoor fun?
If you know by now? You are in for a treat. So, when you have many children over for a play date or an outdoor birthday party, it would be handy to think about some of the best ideas. Outdoor activities and games for kids do not have to be complex or challenging. Easy to understand and simple instructions for kids can encourage and promote several hours of active play. This simply implies that kids will spend more time with their friends, playing in the sun and fresh air. So, let’s discuss some of the best outdoor games there are.
You should know that the object of such a ball game is to run as fast and far as possible from the player throwing the ball. Moreover, you have to dodge the ball and not get hit by it.
How to Play
- Begin with a player in the middle. That player will be the thrower, or “it.” The rest should stand within your arm’s reach.
- Your thrower has to toss the ball straight up. So, as soon as they release the ball, players start to run away. And, when a thrower tends to catch the ball, he yells, “Spud!” This call will allow all the players to freeze up wherever they are.
- A thrower has to tag a player with the ball. Speaking of which, a frozen player can dodge the object and is not allowed to move their feet.
- If a thrower happens to miss, the thrower repeats steps 3 and 2.
- Having said that, you can play the game until a player receives all four letters, meaning they are out of the game.
Red Light, Green Light
Well, this has to be one of the popular outdoor activities after Squid Games made it famous worldwide. And, no, we are not talking about the lethal one that was played in the Netflix series but what it is played between. It is one of the popular games played by kids.
How to Play
- A player is designated as one of the “stoplights.” A stoplight player tends to stand with his back toward others.
- The stoplight then starts calling out “green light,” signaling other players to move toward him. And, when it is a red light, everyone has to stop and freeze. Players moving after the spotlight turns towards them are out.
- The game happens to be all over if everyone’s out or nobody reaches the spotlight or tags it.
Haven’t you heard about sardines? This is one of the popular ones, which is a complete reverse of hide-and-go-seek.
How to Play
- One player hides, and everyone else has to look for him.
- Each of you that finds the hiding one joins them in their hiding place.
- With players finding the hiding player, they crowd the space and hide in a pack, which forms like sardines in a can. And, the last one becomes the first to start the next round.
Well, you do not require much to play this game. All one needs is:
- A ball that’s ideal for bouncing and catching (like a volleyball or soccer ball)
- The sidewalk chalk
- Another hard surface or space on asphalt upon which one can draw lines and bounce a ball
How to Play
- Every child in the game has to form a queue.
- Moving on, the child in the first square is the server who bounces the ball to one of the other squares available in the game. Post that, the child in that square should hit the ball in the direction of another one without letting it tumble and bounce more than once.
- And, if the player misses and the ball tends to bounce more than once, they will be out (this is one of the best ways to rotate other players if more than four kids are playing the game).
- Suppose there are only four kids available in the game, the child who misses the ball has to take the ace place, which is fourth. Speaking of which, the object of the game is to be the king and stand in the longest spot, known as the king.
Featured Image Credits: Pixabay